- As used in this policy, “Personal Data” means information that would allow someone to specifically identify you or contact you physically or online (e.g., your name, physical address telephone number, email address, social security number); and the term “Non-Personal Data” means any information other than personal information that Food Related may collect from you.
Our Data Protection and Data Privacy Principles
- We have implemented security features that are designed to prevent loss, misuse, alteration, or unauthorized release of, or access to, Personal Data provided to us. We have designed our website to limit the collection and processing of Personal Data.
- The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us via our website or e-mail cannot be guaranteed. Food Related is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. If you do not want to communicate with us via the Internet, you may contact us by mail at the mailing address set forth below in the “Contact” section or call us at (210) 530-1245.
Types of Personal Data We Collect
- While using the Food Related website, upon account creation, and while making a purchase, we may ask for Personal Data such as the following:
- Your full name
- Your email address, phone number, or other contact information
- Your current billing and shipping addresses
- Credit card or other payment information
- This information is used to fulfill your orders and requests, contact you in the event of an issue with your account or orders, notify you of updates to policies or terms, and for newsletters, promotions, and product notifications.
- We use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Data that you provide to us.
How We Collect and Use Personal Data
- In addition to the Personal Data that you provide when you create an account and/or make a purchase, we may collect certain Personal Data about you when you visit our websites.
- We use your Personal Data to monitor website usage, protect our websites, and/or respond to your online inquiries. Usage data includes: server domain name, date and time of visit to our websites, type of computer, the originating IP address, files downloaded, type of search engine used, operating system used, and the web browser of site visitors. We may collect this information when you visit our sites. We use this data to improve our websites and conduct analytics.
Retention of Personal Data
- The Personal Data we obtain about you will be retained up to seven years after your account has been terminated and/or canceled. We retain your Personal Data for this period of time to allow you to contact us with a request to reinstate your account if you wish to do so.
- In connection with setting up your account and/or any transaction that you conduct through www.foodrelated.com, you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to the transaction, including, without limitation, your credit card number and expiration date, your billing address, your shipping address, your phone number and/or your email address. By submitting such information, you grant Food Related without charge the irrevocable, unencumbered, universe-wide and perpetual right to provide such information to third parties (e.g., payment processing companies) for the purpose of facilitating the transaction.
- Food Related implements security measures to help protect the Personal Data it collects through the Site and the App. For example, Food Related encrypts the transmission of information through the Site by using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
- Regardless of the foregoing, please observe that “perfect” or “100%” security does not exist on the Internet. Therefore, your access and use of the website, and your opening of any communications sent through or as a function of the website, are done at your own risk.
- To help maintain the security of your Personal Data, Food Related asks that you please notify it immediately of any unauthorized visit, access or use of the website, or the loss or unauthorized use of your user access information for the website (e.g., username or password).
Children Under the Age of 13
- Our websites are not intended for children. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Data on our websites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our websites. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Food Related does not respond to “do not track” (DNT) signals.
Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Business Transactions
- Food Related may decide to sell, buy, merge, or otherwise reorganize its business. If that occurs, you will be notified via email or a prominent notice on our website of any ownership change and any changes in the use of your Personal Data. These types of transactions may involve the disclosure of Personal Data to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. We seek appropriate protection for Personal Data in these types of transactions.
California Privacy Rights
- If you are a resident of the State of California and Food Related has an established business relationship with you, then, pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, you have the right to request the following at any time: (a) information from Food Related free of charge regarding the manner in which Food Related shares certain personal information collected through the website with third parties who use such information for direct marketing purposes; and (b) the discontinuation (or opt-out) of Food Related’s sharing of such information with such third parties. Please submit any such request (“California Privacy Rights Request”) to any one of the following:
- By mail: Food Related, 17401 Triton, Schertz, TX 78254, with a subject line of "Your California Privacy Rights.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of "Your California Privacy Rights.""
- For each California Privacy Rights Request, please state “Your California Privacy Rights” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- a. the nature of your request;
- b. that the request is related to "Your California Privacy Rights;"
- c. your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
- d. whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
- If you send a California Privacy Rights Request by mail, then please do so by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery and tracking. Food Related will not accept a California Privacy Rights Request via telephone or fax; and is not responsible for a California Privacy Rights Request that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled or incorrectly sent.
- You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of your personal information, and for keeping your Personal Data current and correct.
Visiting the Website from Outside the United States