Grassi / La Torre / Gran Culi
La Torre was founded in 1959 when Grassi Giuseppe created a small plant in Langhirano, a village near Parma. Here he produced a thousand dry cured hams per year. In 1968 the company joined in the “Parma Ham Consortium.” As time went on, La Torre continued growing, with multiple new factories being built over the years. In 1989 the company became one of the first firms that obtained a license allowing export to the US. Subsequently the company obtained the licenses for exporting Parma Ham to many other countries, including Canada, Japan, Brazil, Australia and China. Today La Torre is led by the sons of Grassi Giuseppe, and they have the company focused on producing the highest quality standards for the company’s customers.